Job Opportunity at European Youth Forum
Our client, the European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the leading organisation advocating for rights of young people. They are a Platform of Youth Organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, representing 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Fundraising Officer to join the Administrative & Finance Department. The Fundraising Officer will work under the supervision of the Administrative & Finance Director.
● Develop, implement and monitor the organisation’s Fundraising Strategy.
● Develop internal procedures and templates to reinforce the coherence and standardisation of the organisation’s fundraising policy.
● Ensure that new funding opportunities are identified (both in public and private sectors).
● Write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals from donors; support the development of budgets.
● Develop promotional materials for prospective donors, in collaboration with the Communications Team.
● Keep the organisation up-to-date on changing donor priorities.
● Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential donors.
● Represent the organisation at meetings with (potential) donors and during external events.
● Prepare and gather reporting data in close collaboration with the Policy and Advocacy team and other departments when necessary.
● Coordinate the preparation of reports against agreed financial targets, operational activities and annual objectives.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
● At least 5 years experience working as Fundraising Officer or in developing a Fundraising strategy.
● Proven experience in writing multiple, detailed and compelling funding applications.
● Proven experience in soliciting funds from diverse sources (public and private sectors).
● Proven success of generating substantial funds.
● Experience in new ways of fundraising an advantage (eg, crowdfunding).
● Experience working in a multicultural environment.
● Excellent diplomatic and marketing skills.
● Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French.
● Good understanding of the international non-profit associations‘ environment and experience working in a multicultural environment.
Job related skills
● Strong presentation, writing and reporting skills.
● Strong communication and negotiation skills.
● Ability to analyse, interpret as well as communicate data and financial information.
● Ability to work with agreed deadlines.
● Strong sense of ownership for quality of work and deliverables.
● Organised and demonstrate a high level of attention to details.
● Ability to get people on board.
● Dynamic, persistent and result oriented.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● Ability to work under pressure, manage challenging workload and tight deadlines.
● Ability to master new technical and organisation concepts and information.
● Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
● Excellent time-management and organisation skills.
● Excellent written - verbal and good digital communication skills.
● Good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac environment.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The contract is for 6 months - full time (35 hours per week) with a possibility to be reconducted for a permanent duration, based on performance.
The gross monthly salary is €3,200. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available.
Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends.
This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in surrounding area.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on "Registration" and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the "private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Calls Interviews for this vacancy will be held in October and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries.
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. The Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.