ODS is hiring an entrepreneurial Senior Monitoring. Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Consultant
* EXTENDED DEADLINE : March 2d, 2020 *
ODS is a small, Brussels-based consultancy working with non-profit organisations. Our vision is to see a civil society achieving greater impact. Through our work, we support civil society organisations to actively, effectively and efficiently contribute to peaceful, democratic, green and fair communities. Our services include MERL activities, organisational development support, support for strategic planning, and facilitation.
We work on an interesting project portfolio with a varied client base, from grassroots organisations to global INGO networks, working across a range of areas including peacebuilding, development, human rights, social justice and many more. For more information on our current team, work and clients, please visit odsupport.eu.
We are currently hiring for the role of Senior MERL Consultant. We are looking for a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial self-starter, with intellectual curiosity, and socially-driven values who can join our team and contribute to the work of ODS.
The successful candidate will also have the possibility to become part of the cooperative ownership structure we are currently working towards. This is subject to negotiation and an opportunity for the most qualified candidate, not a prerequisite.
- Leading and contributing to projects in our portfolio, including but not limited to the development of MERL tools, formative and summative evaluations, strategic reviews, strategy development, capacity building;
- Contributing to research across a range of projects;
- Managing and supporting the management of projects and project teams;
- Drafting and presenting reports;
- Identifying and responding to opportunities for business development;
- Drafting work offers;
- Contribute to the growth of ODS, be part of the internal change processes and reflections.
Profile of applicants
- 3 years of experience (at a minimum) in monitoring, evaluation, research and learning in a consultancy, non-profit organisation, public administration organisation or donor body;
- Experience with qualitative research and data collection methods, and analysis (document reviews, key informant interviews, contribution analysis, theories of change, etc.);
- Experience working in client-facing roles;
- Ability to facilitate workshops and small strategic meetings;
- Native or near native proficiency in English;
- Ability to write and communicate well, particularly on reports and other client-facing outputs;
- Ability to manage small to medium sized teams of consultants;
- Ability to manage multiple projects to different timelines and client requirements;
- Experience working on/coordinating or managing complex, multi-country/region, multi-stakeholder projects;
- Experience working in development contexts.
Good to have but not required:
- Working proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, Dutch;
- Quantitative data collection and analysis skills (quantitative analysis of medium-sized data sets, coding, basic statistical analysis, data visualisation);
- First hand experience working with or volunteering with civil society organisations;
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: gender, LGBTQ+ rights, disability, livelihoods, innovation, environment, education, early years and youth, health, advocacy, anti-corruption/transparency, poverty reduction, humanitarian/disaster relief and recovery (DRR), WASH, peace and security, human rights, labour rights, etc.
In addition, we expect:
- A willingness to travel abroad for project-related activities;
- A team player attitude in order to collaborate well with the rest of the team;
- A commitment to the progressive values we share with our clients as well as the strong will to support them in achieving their mission;
- A drive to innovate, iterate and co-design our tools, approaches and organisation.
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package which includes 'cheques repas' and a public transport allowance for the Brussels metropolitan area;
- Work smartphone and laptop;
- A flexible working schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team in supporting different international CSOs/NGOs on interesting projects.
ODS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This is a position based in Brussels, Belgium.
Deadline: 2 March 2020.