ODS is hiring a Mid-to-Senior level Consultant with expertise in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) or Organisational Development - French Speaker
ODS is a Brussels-based cooperative working with non-profit organisations and is passionate about supporting civil society to achieve greater impact through our work. We do this by supporting them to actively, effectively and efficiently contribute to peaceful, democratic, green and fair communities. Our services include MERL support, including designing innovative practices and conducting dynamic evaluations, organisational development support, strategy advice and planning, and research.
We work on an interesting project portfolio with a varied client base, from grassroots organisations to global INGOs and networks, working across areas such as gender, human rights, social justice and many more. Our team works in horizontal structures, with all team members taking responsibility for growing and driving the strategy, operations and content work of the organisation. For more information on our current team, work and clients, please visit www.odsupport.eu.
We are currently hiring a dynamic, creative, hands-on French-speaking Senior Consultant. Like the rest of our team, our new colleague should be driven by intellectual curiosity, be a pragmatic problem-solver and have a passion for social justice and progressive values. This is an ideal position for researchers or consultants with a minimum of 5 years of experience in delivering knowledge products to clients.
ODS is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage candidates from minority and migrant backgrounds, those with traditionally marginalised identities and those with disabilities and additional needs to apply.
The position is based in Brussels, but we are willing to consider flexible telework arrangements and contract forms. We can only offer open-ended employment contracts under Belgian law, requiring residency in Belgium. The position is only open to individuals with the right to work in the EU.
- Leading and contributing to projects in our portfolio according to own expertise, including but not limited to the development of MERL tools, formative and summative evaluations, strategic reviews, organisational analysis, strategy development, capacity building;
- Contributing to research across a range of projects;
- Managing and supporting the management of projects and project teams;
- Communicating with clients;
- Drafting and presenting reports;
- Identifying and responding to opportunities for business development;
- Drafting work offers;
- Contributing to the growth of ODS and being part of internal processes and reflections.
Profile of the candidate:
Key requirements - must be met for application to be considered:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in organisational development or monitoring, evaluation, research and learning in a consultancy, non-profit organisation, public administration organisation or donor body;
- Native or near native proficiency in English, and native or near-native proficiency in French;
- Confident in applying qualitative research and data collection methods, and analysis (document reviews, key informant interviews, contribution analysis, theories of change, etc.);
- Experience working in development contexts;
- Our ideal candidate brings subject matter expertise in one or more of the following fields of specialisation, through work experience, research, academic work (e.g. doctoral or postdoctoral work): gender, anti-colonialism and decolonisation, anti-discrimination, LGBTQ+ rights, disability, livelihoods, innovation, environment, education, early years and youth, health, advocacy, anti-corruption/transparency, poverty reduction, humanitarian/disaster relief and recovery (DRR), WASH, peace and security, human rights, labour rights, etc.
Ability to work as a consultant:
- Comfortable working in client-facing roles;
- Confident in facilitating workshops and strategic meetings, including online tools;
- Strong ability to write and communicate well, particularly on reports and other client-facing outputs;
- Proven ability to manage teams of 3 to 5 on individual projects, including monitoring time and budgets, providing information and coaching, and managing challenges;
- Motivated by working in a fast-paced, project-based context, and able to independently manage multiple projects to different timelines, budgets and client requirements.
Fit with the ODS team and values:
- Enthusiasm for working in a flexible, horizontal culture, where all team members actively contribute to the growth of the organisation;
- Intellectually curious, progressive, caring and values-driven;
- A willingness to travel abroad for project-related activities;
- A team player attitude in order to collaborate well with the rest of a multicultural team;
- A commitment to the progressive values we share with our clients as well as the strong will to support them in achieving their mission;
- An ability to listen, follow up, think and apply insights at different levels, from practical (developing tools, feedback on systems) to conceptual (strategic thinking, methodological frameworks);
- An affinity for building and curating relationships with clients, allies and partners;
- A drive to innovate, iterate and co-design our tools, approaches and organisation.
Good to have but not required:
- Working proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Dutch;
- Quantitative data collection and analysis skills (quantitative analysis of medium-sized data sets, coding, basic statistical analysis, data visualisation);
- First hand experience working with or volunteering with civil society organisations;
- Experience working on/coordinating/managing complex, multi-country/region, multi-stakeholder projects;
- Applied skills in communications, social media, campaigning, data visualisation or others
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package which includes meal cheques and a public transport allowance for the Brussels metropolitan area; company contribution to buying a bicycle;
- Full time or 80% position;
- Company smartphone and laptop;
- A flexible working schedule and possibility of teleworking;
- Personal development budget;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team in supporting different international CSOs/NGOs on interesting projects;
- The possibility of becoming a co-owner of the company;
- The position is only open to individuals who have the right to work in the EU;
- Proposed salary range (gross, full-time basis, Belgian contract): 3,800-4,200 EUR, depending on qualifications and experience as well as existing portfolio;
- The position is based in Brussels, but we are willing to consider flexible telework arrangements and contract forms. We can only offer open-ended employment contracts under Belgian law, requiring residency in Belgium.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and a motivation letter addressing how you meet the key and optional requirements to email@example.com specifying “Mid/Senior consultant - French speaking” in the subject line.
Deadline: 15 May 2021 - applications will be reviewed and candidates will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis.