ODS is hiring an Operations and Strategic Management Lead
ODS is hiring an Operations and Strategic Management Lead
ODS is a Brussels-based cooperative working with non-profit organisations. We are passionate about supporting civil society to achieve greater impact through our work. We do this by supporting them to actively, effectively and efficiently contribute to peaceful, democratic, green and fair communities. Our services include Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning activities, organisational development support, strategy advice and research across a range of different thematic areas.
We work on an interesting project portfolio with a varied client base, from grassroots organisations to global INGO networks, working across areas including gender, human rights, social justice and many more. Our team works in horizontal structures, with all team members taking responsibility for growing and driving the strategy, operations and content work of the organisation. For more information on our current team, work and clients, please visit www.odsupport.eu.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, creative, hands-on Operations and Strategic Management Lead. Our colleague should have a deep familiarity with project-based business models and an enthusiasm for horizontal, collaborative ways of working. Like the rest of our team, our new colleague should be driven by intellectual curiosity, be a pragmatic problem-solver and have a passion for social justice and social values.
This is an ideal position for individuals with a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing operations and leading strategic programme and project management initiatives in (horizontally managed) companies of 10-20 employees.
ODS is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage candidates from minority and migrant backgrounds, those with traditionally marginalised identities and those with disabilities and additional needs to apply.
The position is based in Brussels, with flexibility to telework temporarily from any location from where regular travel to Brussels is feasible. This position is only open to individuals with a permit to work in the EU.
- Leading on the review of ODS’ current operational systems, frameworks and practices;
- Identifying and owning the process of making changes and solidifying new and existing operational and programme/project management practices, together with the rest of the team;
- Overseeing and offering strategic advice on the management of ODS’ capacity to deliver our commitments to clients and develop new business opportunities within our sector, including business planning and advice on pricing;
- Identifying and leading on the development and dissemination of internal manuals and procedures;
- Compliance management with a focus on but not limited to Belgian laws and regulations;
- Advise on and coordinate HR processes together with the internal working group, including hiring, professional development, performance management and workplace culture;
- Support ODS in working in a horizontal manner - think about, pilot and implement working processes and decision making structures that reflect this spirit;
- We envision that the expertise of this colleague could also be applied in our organisational advice to clients within projects - up to 5-20% of the time of the team member.
Profile of the candidate:
Key requirements - must be met for application to be considered:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in similar roles, ideally in project-based, start-up or horizontally organised structures, including operational, HR and workflow management;
- Confident in using (digital, online) tools related to business planning, workflow and cash flow/revenue forecasting; business planning; risk management; development and implementation of processes and practices;
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts;
- Native or near native proficiency in English and strong working proficiency in French or Dutch as necessary for communications with the Belgian authorities;
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience working in a flexible, horizontal culture, where all team members actively contribute to the growth of the organisation.
Good to have but not required:
- Experience in advising clients in a consultant role on operational/management issues;
- First hand experience working with or volunteering with civil society organisations;
- Expertise in additional relevant fields, e.g. communications, HR, data visualisation, quantitative data analysis, organisational psychology is an asset.
In addition, we expect:
- A team player attitude in order to collaborate well with the rest of the team;
- A commitment to the progressive values we share with our clients as well as the strong will to support them in achieving their mission;
- An ability to listen, follow-up, analyse and apply insights at different levels, from practical (developing tools, feedback on systems) to conceptual (strategic thinking, methodological frameworks);
- An affinity for building and curating relationships with clients, allies and partners;
- A drive to innovate, iterate and co-design our tools, approaches and organisation.
What we offer:
- Proposed salary range (gross, full-time basis, Belgian contract comprising 13th and 14th month of pay): 3,800-4,200 EUR per month month depending on qualifications and experience as well as existing portfolio;
- Full-time or 80% position;
- A competitive remuneration package which includes meal cheques, contribution to buying a bicycle, and a public transport allowance for the Brussels metropolitan area;
- Company smartphone and laptop;
- A flexible working schedule and location;
- Personal development budget;
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic team in supporting different international CSOs/NGOs on interesting projects;
- The possibility of becoming a co-owner of the company.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and a motivation letter addressing how you meet the key and optional requirements to email@example.com specifying “Operational and Strategic Management lead” in the subject line.
Deadline: 15 May 2021 - applications will be reviewed and candidates will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis.